httpd-users mailing list archives

From "James Bond" <jamesbond_...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] apache authentication
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 20:35:33 GMT
Hi,
I would like to setup a apache authntication using apache modules.

My current setup:
--------------------------
Apache 2.0.45 + mod_auth +mod_ssl on Redhat linux
I am using file based authentication using mod_auth.

It works fine but I have one issue with it. When user connects to http site
then apache asks for password and authenticate. When user connects to ssl
site i.e. https then also user has to authenticate again.
Is there any way to integrate these two authentication? I would like user to
authenticate only once per session. What about using mod_usertrack to setup
cookies or mod_ldap? Any suggesstions!!

Thanks
jerry