httpd-users mailing list archives

From "James Bond" <jamesbond_...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] apache external authentication
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 23:26:20 GMT
Hi,
I am thinking of another solution for apache authentication. I have tried
all the options for apache proxy secure authentication but it didn't work.

What I want now:
-------------------------
I want  cgi or php script which can authenticate user over https connection
and set a header. for example AUTH="TRUE".
Once the user is autheticated successfully, thi AUTH header should be set
and each proxy rwquest must check for this header. This header should be
available for one browser session only and shoule expire after 1 hour of
idle time.
If the header is no more set then my redirect rules should redirect the user
to authntication page.

I have created the following rules. Can you please suggest if this approach
will work? Can i  make apache to check for a header on each proxy request?

My proxy configuration:

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteLog "logs\rewrite_log"