httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Docs: 1.3, 2.0, 2.1 ???
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 15:08:12 GMT

On Mon, 19 May 2003, WC -Sx- Jones wrote:

> While browsing the docs (to help answer CustomLog/TransferLog question)
> I noticed httpd docs version 2.1.
>
> Does that mean Apache 2.1 is upon us?  Can I see it?
>
> [ if yes, please let me know off list if this is a
>    by-invitation only beta -- otherwise just ignore me;
>    I am used to it :)  ... ]

Head over to www.apacheweek.com and check some back-issues for details.

The summary: the developers have, in order to assure the stability of the
2.0 branch, opened up development of 2.1 for non-backward-compatible
features.  2.1 is a development version, and will never have a non-beta
release.  When it is released it will be called 2.2.

If you want to download 2.1, you can grab it from cvs.  At some point
there will probably be alpha/beta releases.  The biggest difference from
2.0 at the moment is a reworking of the authentication system to make it
more modular.

Joshua.