httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] _default_ namevhost not working (as I expected and understand)
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 02:15:17 GMT

On Mon, 12 May 2003, Eric Wagar wrote:

> I have a _default_ namevirtualhost contain.
>
> My understanding of the _default_ bucket is that it will catch the IP
> generated traffic and send it to a certain place while passing the domain
> specified traffic to another place.
>
> Unfortunately, when I type in the IP address, it goes to the first listed
> domain virtualhost, as I expected had there not been a _default_ contain.

The _default_ vhost does nothing with name-vhosts.  The default name-vhost
is the first one listed.  If you want to do something different for
requests that don't match any other vhost, simply create a new
<virtualhost> block, list it first, and give it a ServerName that doesn't
match any of the others (for example, use the IP address as the
ServerName).

Joshua.