httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI Error
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 21:25:54 GMT

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Cody Harris wrote:

> At 05:14 PM 5/8/2003 -0400, you wrote:
> >At 05:51 PM 05/08/2003 -0300, you wrote:
> >>Ok, i got it! i did:
> >>cat commonhttpd.conf >> /mnt/windows/attachment.txt
> >>So yea, here it is!
> >
> >You are trying to access ~nsla/cgi-bin yes?
> >It might help if you commented out "UserDir disabled"
>
> I can access ~nsla. I don't think that would effect the cgi-bin would it?

Oy.  This thread sucks.  Combination of too many people trying to help
plus a user who is very inexperienced (nobody's fault).

Anyway, httpd.conf likely has NOTHING to do with this, since apache is
trying to execute the cgi.  When it attempts the execution, it fails.

The question that has been asked several times, but you haven't yet
understood, is: Are you running suexec?  This is a support program that
apache launches in place of the cgi script which is then responsible for
launching the cgi script.

If you are running suexec you should be able to "locate suexec" and you
should also find an suexec_log file in your logs directory.  You should
also have a mention of suexec when you execute "httpd -l" or "httpd -V".

Joshua.