httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] CGI Error
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 19:13:52 GMT

[You really should try the "correct" quoting style.  This thread is almost
impossible to follow.]

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Cody Harris wrote:

> As nobody has responded, i'm now going to submit this to Apache as a bug.
> Good day ya'll.

You can file whatever you want, but it is highly unlikely that this is an
Apache bug, and your report will probably not help anything.

Saying "nobody has responded" is pretty strong.  I'd say almost a dozen
people have responded.  But the thread is so nasty (partly because of your
quoting style) that nobody can figure out what is going on anymore.

Here is what to do: su to the same user/group that is specified in
httpd.conf and then run the setup.cgi from the command line (./setup.cgi).
Only once that is working should you think about trying it from apache.

Joshua.