httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re[2]: [users@httpd] Perl is so hard to install onto Apache, how, please help...
Date Sat, 31 May 2003 20:26:26 GMT
On Sat, 31 May 2003, Victor B. Gonzalez wrote:

> Hello Apache,
>
> RB> Always look in the error log first, no matter what goes wrong. It will
> RB> give you a great deal of information that is not immediately evident
> RB> from looking in the browser error messages.
>
> Perl is not registered in my registry. If I can tell Apache where Perl
> is exactly, it would probably be my best option. I need for perl and
> Apache to be portable the way I have Apache and PHP at the moment.

When you install ActiveState Perl, it creates an association between .pl
files and the path to Perl.exe. If this is not the case on your system,
reinstall AactiveState Perl, and watch the options during install
closely for that option.

> In the end I simply need Perl to be portable. I would like to bundle
> Apache into one of my projects and unfortunately I need Perl... I am
> also am attaching my httpd.conf file for further examination if anyone
>
> My Perl.exe is located at Z:\Apache\Perl\Bin\perl.exe and all of its
> files I am guessing is relative to itself.
>
> I need to bundle Perl but cannot write to the Registry. If I need to
> manually change the shebang line on every script I'll do it but even
> that solution is *not* working at the moment.

So, if you create a perl program with the correct #! line, what happens,
exactly?

#!Z:/Apache/Perl/Bin/perl.exe

--
Rich Bowen