httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John P. Dodge" <do...@cruciate.ca.boeing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Tomcat.
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 18:28:47 GMT
On 6 May 2003, James B. Muir wrote:

> --- You wrote:
> With you knowledge of mod_jk, how is it possible to tell Apache, that .java
> files are to be treated as a servlet?
> --- end of quote ---
>
> With mod_jk, you use the JkMount directive. There are some good examples out on the web.
Here is a simple example using the Tomcat "examples":

> JkMount /examples/*.jsp tomcat1
> JkMount /examples/servlet/* tomcat1
>
> where tomcat1 is the worker I defined in the workers.properties file.
>
> Any URL that refers to a document in the "directory" /examples/ and has a suffix .jsp
will be forwarded to Tomcat.
> Any URL that refers to a document in the "directory" /examples/servlet/ will be forwarded
to tomcat.

> Hope this helps.
> -James

In Tomcat (and all others) servlet invocation uses the java ClassLoader to
load .class files into the JVM. All .class files in specific locations
servlets specifically mapped in the web.xml deployment descriptor are
available.

"Mon aƩroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"
John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services