httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joe Kmoch <km...@whs.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] still problems with .htaccess
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 03:30:19 GMT
On Wed, 7 May 2003, Mac Serve wrote:

> Well, i am running on unix, and my problem was that there were all
> these ^Ms in my htaccess file, because my text editor didn't like me or
> something, so when I went into the term, and typed "pico .htaccess" it
> showed all those ^M thingys, and I deleted them all, and now it works
> fine! I'm not to sure about Sun OS though. Never used it. Good luck!

Thanks for this suggestion - I didn't see any ^m characters (which is
actually a carriage return character) but I retyped the file anyway -
still doesn't work.

Joe

> Mike

Joe Kmoch                                     Washington High School
Director, Academy of Information Technology   2525 N. Sherman Blvd
kmoch@whs.edu                                 Milwaukee, WI  53210
(414) 875-5982 (desk)                         (414) 875-5900 (school)
(414) 875-5980 (academy)                      (414) 875-5915 (fax)