httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Authentication
Date Mon, 12 May 2003 08:30:55 GMT

You have to "Allow" the .htaccess file to "Override" the main config
file. This is done with the "AllowOverride" directive. Check the docs
for details, but basically you need;

	AllowOverride AuthConfig

applying to the directory which contains the .htaccess file.

NB The default for this directive is "AllowOverride All" so I suspect
you have switched this off with another AllowOverride directive in a
higher-level dir. Be aware of the inheritance rules for these type of
directory-specific directives.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>AuthType Basic
>AuthName "Statistics"
>AuthUserFile /usr/apache/users/private
>AuthGroupFile /bin/false
>require valid-user
>
>The AccessFileName in http.conf file IS .htaccess.
>
>Also...
>whmicro-www:/home/www/logs# /usr/apache/bin/httpd -l
>Compiled-in modules:
>  http_core.c
>  mod_env.c
>  mod_log_config.c