httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] CGI Error
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 10:54:21 GMT

Are you aware that there is pretty extensive documentation on the apache
site which walks you through CGI programming? Have you looked at any of
it? Here it is: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/cgi.html

I suggest you start at the beginning and try to get the simple stuff
working, then you can expand a little and add on other stuff. I rather
get the impression that you are trying to run before you can walk...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>At 07:27 PM 5/6/2003 -0300, you wrote:
>>doesn't this do the same thing? (Gotten from my conf)
>>
>><Directory /home/*/public_html>
>>     AllowOverride All
>>     Options MultiViews Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
>>     Order allow,deny
>>     Allow from all
>></Directory>
>>
>><Directory /home/*/public_html/cgi-bin>
>>      Options +ExecCGI -Includes -Indexes
>>      SetHandler cgi-script
>></Directory>
>>

>>At 12:26 AM 5/7/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>>>Ok,
>>>
>>>So the apache is more than likely not configured to execute
>.pl scripts...
>>>You'll need to configure apache accordingly now.
>>>
>>>    ScriptAlias /<apache directory> /<cgi directory>
>>>    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
>>>         <Directory /<cgi directory>>
>>>         Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
>>>         </Directory>
>>>
>>>as Steven has indicated.  If you want apache to execute .pl
>scripts, then
>>>you need a AddHandler for that to tell apache what to do
>with .pl scripts...
>>>For example:
>>>AddHandler cgi-scripts .pl
>>>
>>>IMHO, just move the scripts to .cgi again - they should
>execute from the
>>>shell, regardless of the extensions.  Apache would seem to
>me to only be
>>>configured to execute .cgi scripts.

views of the sender's company.