httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache secure for ISP !!! SOS-SOS
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 13:20:46 GMT

Depends what you mean by "do" - apache has only read access so the
script can read the file but that is all. Also, the file is in the
docroot of a website so it's on the web so it isn't secret, is it?

However, I believe the solution is to define a different "User" for each
VH. Then CGI programs in each VH will run as that user (you also need to
configure suexec for this to work). So if you restrict each user to have
read access only in his own VH, the trick above will not work.

Check the docs for User and follow the link for suexec for details.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>}
>Anonymous or user owner hosting hst2 can be read file on other hosting.
>
>Has anybody got solution solve it.
>
>Regards,
>
>Thanh Binh

l'activité boursière de la SWX Swiss Exchange

views of the sender's company.