httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] desperate please help
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 12:12:53 GMT

I think what this means is that the hub has a mini-webserver built into it which is listening
to address 192.168.0.1. The idea is that you connect to the hub, surf to that address and
you'll find a browser based configuration interface.

I imagine your server is still assigned your original address (24.105.197.156)? If so, you
have to assign it to the 192.168.0.0 network (at the moment, your server doesn't know how
to contact a 192.168.0.0 network address). In Unix, this is done using the routing table (netstat
-rn). I've no idea how you do it on windows - I assume you do?

Try opening a command prompt window and pinging 192.168.0.1 - what happens?

BTW, did you understand the instructions I posted earlier - did any of that make sense?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle