httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] desperate please help
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 11:11:17 GMT

In the original setup, you had your server connected directly to the
internet and with IP = 24.105.197.156, is this correct?

Now you have put a hub between your server and the internet, is this
correct?

Then, assuming your hub can do network address translation, you have to:

- assign the external IP address (24.105.197.156) to the outside port of
the hub
- configure it to route incoming packets addressed to 24.105.197.156 to
192.168.0.1 on the internal port
- connect the internal port to the apache server
- configure the server IP to be 192.168.0.1 (see ipconfig)
- configure apache to listen to 192.168.0.1

As to how you actually configure the hub, I've no idea... Didn't it come
with a manual?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>I am not having problems with the netgear at all, when it was hooked to
>both comps, we can both access the internet, I am only having problems
>with configureing my ip.
>thanks

views of the sender's company.