httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Enable CGI
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 09:59:55 GMT

This is quite likely. How did you tell apache to recognize CGIs? There
are two methods:

1) define a whole directory using ScriptAlias, e.g.

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /web/cgi-bin/

A request for http://myserver/cgi-bin/foo would cause the server to run
the script /web/cgi-bin/foo.

2) Use AddHandler to define a file type as CGI, e.g.

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

Once that has been put into your httpd.conf file, any file containing
the ".cgi" extension will be treated as a CGI program.

You can check out an excellent tutorial on CGIs at:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/cgi.html

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>Apache
>ver 2 is running on Win XP Pro.
>
>What should I do to execute this CGI application?
>
>I will be really grateful for your help.
>

>Regards

views of the sender's company.