httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] CGI Error
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 07:17:32 GMT

No need for that - you just have to remove the executable bit (644 is
fine).

Note that the suexec file is in /usr/sbin which is normally owned by
root. So you have to be root to modify it. I assume you were logged in
as root when you tried Joshua's recommendation of "chmod -x
/usr/sbin/suexec"?

If you're not sure about permissions, just remove or rename the
/usr/sbin/suexec file, stop apache, have a coffee, start apache - now;
does it work?

The suspense is killing me...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle