httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] my rewrite question
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 15:13:03 GMT

Just a teensy-weensy bit... The AllowOverride directive is what "Allows"
directives in .htaccess files to "Override" those in the config file. If
you set it to "None" it means, "ignore everything you read in any
.htaccess files".

So, you have effectively switched off the directives in the .htaccess
which were supposed to do the rewriting. To proceed;

- Use "AllowOverride All", thus enabling overriding.
- Move the rewrite directives into the config file and forget about
using .htaccess

Then at least you should get some output on the RewriteLog (it still
might not work, of course, but at least you'll see what's going on).

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>Ok - Im off to bed now (3 a.m. here) will fix it tomorow when
>i get back
>online...
>
>G.

views of the sender's company.