httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] still problems with .htaccess
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 07:56:50 GMT

A couple of ideas OTTOMH:

- try "AllowOverride All" instead of "AllowOverride ALL" (I've never
actually checked whether the arguments to apache directives are case
sensitive. I always type them exactly as it says in docs...)

- try putting the authentication directives (i.e. those in the .htaccess
file) directly into the <Directory> container in httpd.conf (you don't
*have* to use .htaccess for authentication, you know). This will
eliminate the possibility of a problem with the .htaccess mechanism.

- You don't have authentication in place on a higher directory than the
one you're having problems with, do you? You can't nest authenication
realms, in other words.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>Thanks!
>
>Joe
>
>--
>Joe Kmoch                                     Washington High School
>Director, Academy of Information Technology   2525 N. Sherman Blvd
>kmoch@whs.edu                                 Milwaukee, WI  53210
>(414) 875-5982 (desk)                         (414) 875-5900 (school)
>(414) 875-5980 (academy)                      (414) 875-5915 (fax)

views of the sender's company.