httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] strange things in errorlog, (apache 2.0, Perl CGI)
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 15:27:33 GMT

umber=8

This means that the script failed to function as a "proper" CGI program.
That is, it did not output a CGI header before any other data. This
could be because:

- it is not programmed to do so (you need: print "Content-type:
text/html\n\n";)
- an error caused it to die or produce output before it got to the
header line.

>If I close the mozilla windows, after 3 or 4 more minuts, the log is
>suddenly filled with dozens of :
>[Fri May 02 16:56:52 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.4] Use of
>uninitialized value in hash element at
>/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/MARC/Record.pm line 206., referer:
>http://koha.dev/cgi-bin/koha/acqui.simple/addbiblio.pl?oldbiblionumber=
8

You might like to look on line 206 of Record.pm... It will be a
statement in a loop (hence dozens of lines) which is trying to use an
uninitialised variable to lookup a hash. Test your variable with
"defined" before using it.

>Note it occurs only on a runtime error in the module. In case of a
>compilation error, the error is reported immediatly as previously.
>
>It's a bug in Koha, but with my previous install (http1.3 from mdk90),
>The errors where reported immediatly to the error log.
>At the moment, it's pretty unuseable for error tracking !

Well, CGI is not exactly a program debug environment... You're supposed
to get your code working before you put it on the webserver (e.g. from
the command-line). However, if you want to see more output, activate the
"ScriptLog". See the docs for details but one tip: the ScriptLog file
should be owned by the apache "User" and it should exist before you use
it (unlike the other log files which are owned by root and get created
if they don't exist).

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>What happend ?
>
>VHOSTS.CONF :
>=============
>Listen 7777
><VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:7777>
>ServerName koha.dev
>DocumentRoot /home/paul/koha.dev/koha/koha-tmpl
>ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/httpd/html/koha.dev/cgi-bin/
>ErrorLog logs/koha_error.log
>SetEnv PERL5LIB /home/paul/koha.dev/koha
></VirtualHost>
>
>Thanks for ideas/suggestions
>
>--
>Paul POULAIN
>Consultant ind├ępendant en logiciels libres
>responsable francophone de koha (SIGB libre http://www.koha-fr.org)

views of the sender's company.