httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Error Logs
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 12:30:12 GMT
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Gordon Stewart [mailto:gordon52@slingshot.co.nz]
>
>I'll check the verbose thing later

I don't wish to appear snooty, but you should check the docs *first* and
post on mailing lists *later*...

>Yes - Ive got modules/mod_rewrite.so Ok - How do I 'request' that
module ?

I meant "request" at compilation time. If you have a .so file then
that's OK; you must've requested it (--enable-shared=rewrite
--enable-module-rewrite) or, since you are are on Windows, maybe it was
already present in the distro you installed. Since you have it, your
LoadModule line should work.

The problem must therefore be with the syntax of your rewrite directives
(casting these is not trivial...). Since this is getting off the topic
of error logs, would you mind reposting your original problem (use the
old thread if you like) but with some additional data:

- what URL do you want to rewrite?
- what do you want it rewritten to?
- what *exactly* is happening (please don't say "it doesn't work" :-)

You might also like to activate the RewriteLog and see what's happening
there. Check the docs for details....

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>& is it able to be requested on all occasions ? (something in my main
>htaccess file ?

views of the sender's company.