httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Martens, Jason" <jmart...@cityofevanston.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_auth_ldap and Exchange 5.5
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 15:47:02 GMT
Are you using a DN to bind to active directory? I have a line like this
in my config:

AuthLDAPBindDN "CN=BindUser,OU=SomeOU,DC=somedomain,DC=com"
AuthLDAPBindPassword SomePassword

Jason Martens

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Aaron Paxson [mailto:apaxson@teters.com]
	Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 10:41 AM
	To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
	Subject: [users@httpd] mod_auth_ldap and Exchange 5.5

	Hello everyone!  I am having a difficult time to get my Apache
2.0 server to authenticate to my M$ Exchange Server via LDAP.

	I have loaded the module 'mod_auth_ldap" as well as 'mod_ldap',
and have all the libraries for OpenLDAP (I believe).  But I just can't
authenticate.

	At first, my error.log was showing unknown user, but, after
fixing my LDAPURL, was able to complete my search.  So, I know it's
attaching and performing the search.  But, when I give it proper
credentials, it comes back saying:

	[date] [warn] [client a.b.c.d] auth_ldap authenticate: user
apaxson authentication failed; URI /secure [ldap_simple_bind_s() to
check user credentials failed] [Invalid credentials]

	I know it's doing a proper search, but can't seem to bind as me.
Has anyone had this problem, or maybe give me a direction?  I tried
looking at the source code, but my knowledge of C is near nothing.

	Aaron Paxson
	IT Systems Analyst / Administrator
	Teters Floral Products
	Subsidiary of Decorative Concepts, Inc