httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nigel Peck - MIS Web Design" <ni...@miswebdesign.com>
Subject [users@httpd] New to SSL
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 14:49:23 GMT
I'm running Apache 1.3.27 on Redhat 7.3. It's a live and busy web server so
it can't go down (not for long anyway). I need to add SSL and I need to get
it right first time.

I'm new to SSL, I've got hold of OpenSSL, read through some of the Mod_SSL
and Apache-SSL documentation and looking for recommendations and advice, can
anyone point me to a good resource?

Is it possible to install a second copy of Apache to do the SSL stuff and
therefore leave my working HTTP server alone? Is this a good idea?

Thanks
Nigel

MIS Web Design
http://www.miswebdesign.com/