httpd-users mailing list archives

From <...@ulysium.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Removing General Host Config From httpd.conf
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 18:39:39 GMT
on 5/22/03 2:00 PM, Joseph A Nagy Jr at joseph_a_nagy_jr@charter.net uttered
the following:

> Actually, I have my 12 vhosts in external files (site.domain.tld). ;)

That may help a bit, but once you have a few more hundreds of those, it may
force you to split that up a little more..

> Everything else I'm kinda concerned about moving out (like SSL config
> options and such) for various reasons (like me royally screwing up and
> not being able to restore).

Why not put all those ssl config in its own ssl config file?
Same with other config things, they can basically by grouped by type and put
in their own separate files.
Personally I put ssl stuff separately, then everything having to do with
access control into an other file, then those configs for types, browser
matches and the likes in an other... and so on...
My main httpd.conf is barely a couple of kb and calls in all the rest, which
I also place in their own subfolders as well, such as all the extra ssl
folders with certs, keys and what not... then all my vhosts in their own
folder with separate files grouping vhosts, mostly by IPs for now...
just to keep things more tidy and easier to manage..

--
Didier Godefroy
mailto:dg@ulysium.net