httpd-users mailing list archives

From <...@ulysium.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] no cgi error logging in apache2.0
Date Sat, 17 May 2003 19:12:17 GMT
Hello again,

After I posted my question(s) early on about the cgi logging issue with
apache 2.0, I ended up going for a re-compile with slight changes.

I did find out something and found an other problem. I hope it helps others
who made the same mistake I did during compile, which is to enable both
mod_cgi and mod_cgid at the same time. Although cgi works with both modules
loaded, the logging doesn't. It even works fine under suexec.

What I did was to remove mod_cgi and keep mod_cgid as a static module and
recompiled.
This fixed the logging issue, but caused something else:

The cgi daemon isn't starting, or if it is, it must be for a very short
time, because I'm not seeing it run and scripts no longer work because of
the lack of the cgi daemon.

I do have the ScriptSock set and the socket is created, but no cgi daemon to
use it and run scripts.

What can I do to troubleshoot this??

(platform is tru64 5.1b, apache 2.0.45 with mpm worker and suexec)

--
Didier Godefroy
mailto:dg@ulysium.net