httpd-users mailing list archives

From <...@ulysium.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] small Suexec problem
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 00:57:13 GMT
> The script directory (httpd chdirs to it before invoking a CGI in general).
> The user/group you have supplied via SuexecUserGroup in your httpd.conf.

So at the moment it tries to get that current working directory, it's
already in the script's location and setuid to the user to execute as...

> Hmm. What are the rights of the script directory?

/  has r-x for other
/srv  as well
/srv/sites  has --x for other and is the document root specified for suexec

then in the case of the specific site I'm trying to test on:

/srv/sites/p  --x for other
/srv/sites/p/paradox  the same and is the script's location

I put a simple test script in that location, which works without suexec
I chowned it (the script) to the user/group for suexec to work with it
I should be able to chmod it to 550 or even 500 under suexec, but I left it
as 555 for now for testing.
The problem is at the moment it doesn't even get to try to execute the
script, it's not quite there yet.

I planned to put all the cgi folders in a structured way under /srv/sites,
which was given to suexec at compile time as being the docroot.
However, I place user accounts outside of that tree, only the cgi folders
for all sites will be there. I just point the apache config to their proper
folders and I symlink to the real cgi-bin from each user account to allow
them to place their scripts there.
Is there a better way? (not mixing it all together in one big mess)

--
Didier Godefroy
mailto:dg@ulysium.net