httpd-users mailing list archives

From <...@ulysium.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] small Suexec problem
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 23:59:56 GMT
> search that text in support/suexec.c and replace the line
>
> log_err("cannot get current working directory\n");
> with
> log_err("cannot get current working directory (%s)\n", strerror(errno));
>
> recompile and look what it says.

Ok, not being sure how to recompile only suexec without doing the whole
thing again, I tried this:

make suexec

in the support folder, and I guess that built a new suexec, so I put that in
its place and started apache again and the error now is:

cannot get current working directory (Permission denied)

which is what I suspected, but on what directory and as what user?
Obviously it's not trying this as root, but has it switched to the new user
to run the cgi at that time or is it still httpd ???

--
Didier Godefroy
mailto:dg@ulysium.net