httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Peters, Michael D." <Michael.Pet...@acbl.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] SSL & HTTPD 2.0.45
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 19:42:55 GMT
I had no real luck with doing a pkgadd. I ended building OpenSSL first with
nothing more than ./configure. Then I build Apache with the SSL option and
path included something like this if I remember:

./configure --enable-ssl

I also made sure it was in my $PATH as well. I used GNU make and GCC. Here
was a helpful page. http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ssl/ssl_howto.html
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ssl/ssl_howto.html>

Best regards,

Michael D. Peters
Senior Network Security Engineer

-----Original Message-----
From: Lemaire, David W. [mailto:dlemaire@ems.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 3:21 PM
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] SSL & HTTPD 2.0.45

This is what I have tried, but the OpenSSL install required the Solaris 8
X86 random patch  112439-01, and now when running make after ./configure
--enable-ssl  I get the error:
undefined                       first referenced
apr_generate_random_bytes           server/.libs/libmain.al(exports.lo)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/httpd

Note that I get the error even with a vanilla ./configure.
Of course, I specified -d on patchadd :(

Dave Lemaire
Systems Administrator
603-924-9571 x5102
/*
Problems cannot be solved at the same level
of awareness that created them. -A. Einstein
*/