httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Broekman, Maarten" <Maarten.Broek...@FMR.COM>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] apache with my own libraries
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 11:35:55 GMT
Why don't you want to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH?  That's the standard why of
including new library paths.  Since /opt/apache/lib is not defined as a
standard path, you need to make sure to set it for all applications that
need to access the libraries there.  There's no way to get any application
to use a non-standard library path without including it in the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Apache is currently compiled with the libraries in /opt/apache/lib.  The
problem is that when you start Apache, it doesn't know how to find those
libraries.  It just knows it wants libssl.so.0.9.7 but it can't find it in
it's library path.  ldd will show you which library was used to compile the
binary.  You need to make sure all the paths to the libraries used are a
part of your library path in order for the binary to work after compilation.

regards,
maarten

-----Original Message-----
From: t-systems-fitz [mailto:t-systems-fitz@web.de]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 7:27 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] apache with my own libraries

Hello,

I have problems with running apache with ssl on a solaris 2.8 box. I use
apache 1.3.27, apache-ssl 1.48 and openssl 0.9.7. I absolute don't want to
use the ssl-libraries of the system (openssl 0.9.6), so I compiled openssl
0.9.7 with option shared and installed the libraries under /opt/apache/lib.
Now I configure apache-ssl like that:

LDFLAGS=-R/opt/apache/lib
./configure --prefix=/opt/apache --enable-module=proxy --enable-module=so --
enable-rule=SHARED_CORE

Unfortunately so so compiled httpsd doesn't start:

ld.so.1: /opt/apache/bin/httpsd: fatal: libssl.so.0.9.7: open failed: No
such file or directory

But if I use ldd I can see:

ldd /opt/apache/bin/httpsd
        libsocket.so.1 =>        /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1
        libnsl.so.1 =>   /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1
        libpthread.so.1 =>       /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1
        libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
        libssl.so.0.9.7 =>       /opt/apache/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7
        libcrypto.so.0.9.7 =>    /opt/apache/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7
        libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
        libmp.so.2 =>    /usr/lib/libmp.so.2
        libthread.so.1 =>        /usr/lib/libthread.so.1
        /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R/lib/libc_psr.so.1

so ldd knows the corret path of my ss-libraries.

I don't want to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (this would work) and I don't want
to use and update the system-libraries (no root rights).

How can I compile apache that it uses my own libraries in /opt/apache/lib
????

best regards fitz