httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Watkins, Robert" <Robert.Watk...@mail.va.gov>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] How to turn off HTTP TRACE on Apache
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 04:15:55 GMT
I have already looked at this site, it does not explain exactly (what files
to edit and how)how to turn it off, as I stated before, I need a little hand
holding on the process to turn this off, again any help is greatly
appreciated

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Gomez [mailto:julian@fomema.com.my]
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 3:11 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] How to turn off HTTP TRACE on Apache

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 08:01:49PM -0500, Watkins, Robert spoke thusly:
>> How can I disable HTTP TRACE in Apache??
>> I am not familiar with the mod_rewrite module so I know nothing about
>> coding. if I can do it through the http conf file that would be great,
>> any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/867593

I put in the exact terms 'disable http trace apache' into Google and the
above hyperlink was the 1st match. Do some web searching before hand next
time, it'll be quicker.

You'll have to make sure your Apache has the rewriting module built in, you
can check via 'httpd -l'.