httpd-users mailing list archives

From Denise Mangano <Deni...@complusdata.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Newbie Questions: modules / directory listing / languages
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 17:51:56 GMT
I have newbie questions and would appreciate if anyone has any advice.

1)  I installed the binary distribution of Apache 1.3.27 and would like to
remove any modules that are not necessary.  How can I find out which modules
I am using / need?  I'd like to uninstall any unnecessary modules but don't
want to affect anything..

2)  How do I disable directory listing?  For example if the URL points to a
directory which has permission but no index file is specified, it will give
a directory listing for all files in that directory.  I'd like to disable
this feature.

3) Can I remove the AddLanguage directives if I only want my pages to be
served in English?

Thanks!! And sorry for the basic questions :)

Denise