httpd-users mailing list archives

From WC -Sx- Jones <li...@insecurity.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Block access from 62.194.231.114 to own server
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 14:37:05 GMT

On Monday, May 19, 2003, at 09:58  AM, Willem-Jan Meijer wrote:

> Thanks, it's solved now.
>
> I added a virtualhost with my ip as servername and added a
> documentroot wich
> points people to a directory with the standard dns-error from
> internet-explorer

We have a different definition of solved; since you've just locked out
all people who must access via IP.  If your server IP is static, then
access via IP is a valid method. If your server is DHCP, then you will
want to use a DNS referrer like I had mentioned earlier:

dyndns.org

Just MHO, but don't lock out http/1.0 clients.

Bill :)

http://insecurity.org/
  ('>    iudicium ferat
  //\   Have Computer -