httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Stewart <gordo...@slingshot.co.nz>
Subject [users@httpd] my rewrite question
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 14:30:56 GMT
At 02:06 AM 5/8/03 Boyle Owen wrote:-

>Perhaps if you recast it with the additional information I requested in
>my last response (
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=105222421909732&w=2
>) someone will take a look...

--------------------------

Ok - Ive edited my HOSTS file on my win 98, so that
http://group.kwister.com goes to my server website on my pc - Apache  (not
the main 24/7 live
website)

This works - I now see the HTML of the website on my Apache server - Main
website (My PC not an internet live server)

Now - I WANT :-

when someone goes to group.kwister.com - I want a CGI script to be activated

eg http://www.kwister.com/cgi-bin/group/view.cgi (its only on my PC now -
not the main server as yet)

 >You might also like to activate the RewriteLog and see what's happening
 >there. Check the docs for details....

Yes - Ive checked the logs & the docs

Ive got these two lines in the httpd.conf & re-booted :-

RewriteLog "/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/logs/rewrite.log"
RewriteLogLevel 9

As yet - when I go to http//group.kwister.com - it still shows the main
HTML page - Not the CGI script.

The actual rewrite codes ive got in my .htaccess file is :-
(not including the dotted lines)

--------------------
Options +Includes

RewriteEngine On
Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} group.kwister.com
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !cgi-bin/groups/view.cgi
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ cgi-bin/groups/view.cgi [L]

Ps - Ive checked the rewrite log file - NOTHING is shown there (but the
server does create one)
Even though its level 9 - Which should log MOST / ALL the errors/warnings
in rewriting codes)

does that make sense ?

G.