httpd-users mailing list archives

From Razvan Costea-Barlutiu <cbraz...@laitek.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Holding on to CGI
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 14:07:22 GMT
Hello...

I hope somebody can reply me on this.
As far as I know, the Apache will kill any CGI that points to a dropped
connection. Now, I am writing some CGIs that affect the actual server
configuration and some of the CGIs are really time-consuming. These
operations will return only a status, the client won't need much more than
that.
In any case, the client (or its connection) will not be so important as all
it needs to is to post the request to the server and the server will
respond to it on the server side.
So, my question really is: can be Apache stopped from killing CGI's when
the client connection is dropped? If so, how?

Thanks for any input on this.

Regards,
--Razvan