httpd-users mailing list archives

From WC -Sx- Jones <li...@insecurity.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Block access from 62.194.231.114 to own server
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 23:11:44 GMT

On Monday, May 19, 2003, at 06:36  PM, Cody Harris wrote:

> They'll do a port scan most likely. Get a firewall and see if you can
> block 62.194.231.114 from access to port 80. That would work best.

And this time they will ban your access when they easily discover you
lied and are still running an unauthorized server.  A firewall blocking
that scanning server will NOT stop the router logs from saying traffic
is going to YOUR unauthorized system.  Please; firewalls do not stop
people who WANT to know; especially if you are using another persons
network -- which, of course, we all are.

[This is my last post on this as it is now OT; even in the legal sense.]

-Sx-  :)

http://insecurity.org/
  ('>    iudicium ferat
  //\   Have Computer -