httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joseph A Nagy Jr <joseph_a_nagy...@charter.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Perl is so hard to install onto Apache, how, please help...
Date Sat, 31 May 2003 21:06:53 GMT
Victor B. Gonzalez wrote:
> Hello Apache,
>
> I forgot to mention I got Perl working by changing the shebang line.
> Is there anyway *without* registering perl in my registry and without
> changing the shebang line to get Perl to work?

Not that I know of. You could always install mod_perl for your version
of Apache. Read the documentation for Apache (more specifically, the
manual[0]).

> In other words, is it possible to *tell Apache* where Perl is located?

Perhaps, but your best bet (on Windows at least) is to install
ActivePerl and associate .cgi and .pl files with Perl.

[0]: I have a copy of the manual online at
http://joseph-a-nagy-jr.homelinux.org/manual/
and the -4 Shield of No Spell Checker