httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joseph A Nagy Jr <joseph_a_nagy...@charter.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Removing General Host Config From httpd.conf
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 12:00:39 GMT
Okay here's the thing. ALL my active websites are via virtual hosts
(seperate vhost config file for each website, named site.domain.tld (I
get my URL's from dyndns.org atm)). The only things I really need from
the httpd.conf file is the stuff dealing with directory indexes,
AddHandler type stuff, IndexIgnore and a host of other features/options
I want enabled/disabled globally, and (for now) SSL config (I don't use
SSL at all, yet).

If I were to comment out all the options in <Directory></Directory> for
the "main host" config, will that b0rk Apache? If not, I will be doing
so asap (possibly even removing it from the file entirely (after backing
up the complete httpd.conf file to httpd.conf.backup) to reduce filesize).

Also, are there any benefits to commenting out the main host config
options (such as decreased parse times during start/graceful restart)?

TIA

Joseph A Nagy Jr