httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joseph A Nagy Jr <joseph_a_nagy...@charter.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Services Bound To Port *
Date Sat, 17 May 2003 18:20:50 GMT
Hi All,

I know this was covered (I think) in an earlier thread, but I have since
cleaned out the folder I filter my mail to so I can conserve space and
better follow along in threads I'm taking part in so I've lost it.

Now that my explanation is out of the way for why I'm rehashing this (no
pun intended), on to the why I need this particular command that will
display what ports a service(s) are bound to.

I was working on my webserver, consilidationg the log files to a
centralized, non-web accessible directory. I successfully did that with
no problem. I then moved to moving my sound files to a centralized
folder, but when I did 'apachectl graceful' something bound itself to
port 80 and won't let go. I've already tried a reboot, but something is
still grabbing my port 80. Please help!