httpd-users mailing list archives

From tempo <te...@tempo.dyndns.org>
Subject [users@httpd] piped logs and environment variables
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 21:58:06 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to forward Apache log into an Oracle database, using a "piped log".

But the script used in the pipe (Perl: DBI+Oracle DBD) can't find the ORACLE_HOME variable
(exported in all profiles...). Of course, Oracle DBD needs this variable, and my script can't
work

I have some knowledge of such problem in CGI scripts (simply use "SetEnv" directive), but
this doesn't resolve my issue...

There's no clue on the web about such request...

So, do you know a way for using environment variables into piped log process ?

========
OS is Linux
Apache is 2.0.40
Oracle is 9.2 (ORACLE_HOME="/opt/ora920")
========

Best regards.

Frederic TEMPORELLI