httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kevin D'Elia <kevinm...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Antwort: [users@httpd] can't see index.html on simple websites
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 14:52:18 GMT
Boyle -

    Thanks also to you for completing my steps so that now I am able to
do what I want to do.  I had to add the following:

    LoadModule dir_module "c:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/modules/mod_dir.so"
DirectoryIndex index.html

    It seems that, unless I am missing something in the book, it doesn't
explain the need to include these modules at all, at least not in the
introductory chapters.  The authors recommend that you start with an
empty configuration file, then build it up as you need it.  The
configuration files reside out of the main Apache directory tree, so
./modules is not visible unless explicitly stated, as I have had to do.
 Also, according to them, the sites should run fine *without* the
inclusion of the LoadModule directives, at least as far as I can
determine.  Anyway, it makes it somewhat confusing, but challenging
nonetheless.

    thanks again to all who helped.

    Kevin