httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Meadors <clubn...@hereintown.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Recomendation please..
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 15:22:43 GMT
vizion communication wrote:
> Thank you Chris - for your very quick reply...
>
> Maybe I have missed them but I have not seen any scripts
> from the authorizers and when I asked authorize net they
> denied having resources.

How did you ask them?  Less than a minute on their site I found these:

http://www.authorizenet.com/support/guides.php
http://www.authorizenet.com/alliances/carts.php

> Do you have any specific scripts/resources in mind? Do you
> have experience with any of them? Are you able to make any
> recomendations?

I've implimented scripts provided by CCbill, iBill, and PayPal.  I
haddn't seen authorize.net until now.  But just looking over their site
they seem very similar to the three I mentioned.

> On the other perspective I wondered what you meant by
> "better services" -- any specific recomendations/resources.
> I took a quick look at cpan but could not find anything
> (apart from modules that check card data for consistency).

All these payment systems, have their own API, so the program that
interacts with it on your site has to know how to deal with their data
and respond correctly.

> We are about to start the process of putting an interface
> together- and I  have zero expeperience of this application.
> If any one has the time some specific pointers and some
> ecperience they would be willing to share - it would be much
> appreciated.

Look at the shopping cart page on authorize.net, there are already about
2 dozen carts that'll work with them.

> I am surprised no-one has written a mod_authorize!!! May be
> I should plan on that for the long term -- in the meantime I
> need QDS (quick and dirty solution) right now and the more
> sophisticated one will have to wait <chuckles>

Maybe a module would speed things up a bit, if you had a lot of
shoppers.  But a cart or just a form for subscription type orders is all
you need.  I don't think you have to deal with the Apache internals at
all.  Perl or PHP should be able to do everything you need.

--
Chris