httpd-users mailing list archives

From WC -Sx- Jones <li...@insecurity.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] I get a strange problem with my apache.....
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 14:21:19 GMT
:)

On Monday, May 19, 2003, at 03:46  AM, Raymond Chan wrote:

> I think there is nothing wrong with my internet configuration....cuz
> telnet work
> I am using Linux RH9.0 and a gigabyte router!
>
> Others can access to my FTP server by port mode...

Dynamic DHCP?  Yes/No ?
Is this a DSL/Cable type or maybe a PPPoE set-up?

Since you want to run that as a server, did you verify that your MTU
(as shown by ifconfig -a ) is equal to or smaller than your your
router's MTU?  If it is 1500 and your router's is 1492 (or something
low since it might not be standard ethernet.)

Telnet and FTP can work when HTTP cannot *simply* because there is a
small MTU difference or maybe your system is set to fragment packets
and the router cannot fragment them.  What do this system command say:

ifconfig -a

Then what is your router's MTU set to?

???/Bill ?

http://insecurity.org/