httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Victor B. Gonzalez" <apacheusergr...@vbgunz.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Installing and configuring Apache2 to work with *Subst* Directories...
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 10:25:02 GMT
Hello Apache,

  I've spent more than 5 hours on the task and I no doubt feel the
  answer is beyond me... I would like to install Apache2 to a subst
  virtual drive (Z:\) and get it to work!

  The real path is
  D:/Program Files/Server_Tools/Apache Group/Apache2/

  The Subst is
  Z:/Apache2/

  I currently have 2 .cmd files located in the Apache Group
  directory...

  Create_Z_Directory.cmd
  ----------
  cd /
  subst z: .
  ----------

  Kill_Z_Directory.cmd
  -----------
  subst z: /d
  -----------

  Though I created the Z:/ drive prior to installing Apache and
  examined the Apache Conf for a perfect match, I cannot start Apache
  with the -k start switch...

  I tried so many different variations to Create_Z_Directory.cmd it
  would be pretty exhaustive to list them all but heres a few...

  --------------
  set /
  cd /
  set /*
  cd /*
  cd D:/Program Files/Server_Tools/Apache Group/Apache2
  cd D:/Program Files/Server_Tools/Apache Group/Apache2/
  cd D:/Program Files/Server_Tools/Apache Group/Apache2/*
  cd /forgetaboutit/
  --------------

  I checked the Conf and read something about Lockfile, I visited the
  site for a better explaination and it led me to an AcceptMutex link
  but it baffled me even more...

  I seen it could be done and is what attracted me to Apache so I
  searched the Google groups, but came up empty, I even searched the
  net but mostly ran circles...

  Can someone please be kind enough to help me out with this?

  Thank you for reading my question

--
Best regards,
 Victor B. Gonzalez

Apache_2.0.45-win32-x86-no_ssl
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1