httpd-users mailing list archives

From sysy <s...@myrealbox.com>
Subject [users@httpd] apache 1.3.27 fails to build with the php5-dev module
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 05:59:31 GMT
This is all under NetBSD 1.6.1

I'm having trouble getting apache to use php5 (dev)'s module.  I
suspect that I'm making stupid newbie mistakes though.

I checked through some php and apache resources and wasn't able to find
much which I feel would help me.  However, it occurs to me that this
process is probably the same for stable builds of php, so I'll be
looking into that stuff shortly.

As it stands now.  I can build apache and php both from source and they
both run fine.

PHP5-200305270530 is configured with:
--enable-force-cgi-redirect --with-apache=../apache_1.3.27

it appears to place a php5 directory and some files within the apache
source dir.

I can configure apache to recognize php's module.

#./configure --activate-module=src/modules/php5
[...]
 + activated php5 module (modules/php5)
[...]

however, `make` will fail on that module.

[...]
===> src/modules/php5

gcc -c  -I../../os/unix -I../../include   -DNETBSD -DUSE_EXPAT \
-I../../lib/expat-lite -DNO_DL_NEEDED `../../apaci`    mod_php5.c

mod_php5.c:22: php_apache_http.h: No such file or directory

-

I have tried different `configure` commandlines to no effect.  I'm
unsure how to proceed from here.

-

Instructions like "get x" or "research y" are fine with me.  Building
companion apps from source also isn't a problem.  I'm treading new waters
and need some direction on solving this.

btw, apxs doesn't appear to recognize the php module in the apache
source.  I think I might have a problem on the php-end though.. I'm
unsure.