httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Orriss Jr <d...@davenet.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache ssl proxy
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 21:02:36 GMT

Oh sure it is.  You have to use a combination of mod_ssl and mod_proxy.  Then
you need to activate the SSLProxyEngine directive.  Here's the relavant lines
from my ssl.conf file for SSLProxyEngine:

SSLProxyEngine on
SSLProxyMachineCertificateFile /usr/local/apache2/conf/ssl.crt/weblistener.crt
SSLProxyVerify optional_no_ca

Here's stuff on mod_ssl:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_ssl.html

and an ssl-howto:

http://raibledesigns.com/tomcat/ssl-howto.html

On Wednesday 28 May 2003 1:40 pm, James Bond wrote:
> Hi,
> Is it possible to setup a SSL based apache proxy? I have configured apache
> as a proxy server. It works fine for http and https request from the client
> but in the browser I can only specify proxy for http and https to go to
> port 80 for proxy. I would like to specify port 80 for http request and
> port 443 for https requests. https request do not wok if i specify 443 as a
> SSL proxy.
>
> Please advise!!
>
> Thanks
> jerry