httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel R. Blair" <joeca...@realcoders.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problems with SSL All of a Sudden
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 20:56:57 GMT
On Mon, 26 May 2003, Jeff Cohen wrote:

> I would suggest to add a private IP address to the machine, and add another
> host/router a private IP address and try connecting to any of the ports to
> it, including SSL port, and than make sure that you can connect to the
> server.

Jeff,
	Excuse my apparent ignorance, but I don't quite understand what
you're saying... add a private IP to the machine (i.e. 192.168.1.1 or
something) and then have the Co-Lo facility map the requests to our IP to
that local IP?  Or what?  Given the fact that I just connected locally
using lynx to the https stuff, does that not negate the need for this kind
of "hack"?  And when you say add another host/router a private IP, what
exactly do you mean?  literately add another router between us and their
router?

Danny

                           = Daniel Blair =