httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel R. Blair" <joeca...@realcoders.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problems with SSL All of a Sudden
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 19:36:43 GMT
On Mon, 26 May 2003, Jeff Cohen wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> It seems like you have a connectivity problem to port 443 into your server,
> but the problem is not locally cause you can telnet localhost 443,
> therefore, i would suggest trying and changing the IP on your server and try
> and forward the port from the router into your new IP address, check if that
> would do, i think it's more likely a network issue rather than an Apache
> issue.

Jeff,
	Ok, so you are suggesting that I request a change of IP address
from the Co-Lo provider?  And having them leave it as is (IP wise) but
forward all requests to our new IP?  I don't quite understand changing IPs
and then forwarding from the router.. it seems to me that that would just
achieve the same results as we are getting now?

	I am compiling lynx now to see if I can connect to the server
through localhost using lynx (however the box doesn't have ncurses, g++ or
anything, so, gcc is compiling now, next is ncurses, then I can compile
lynx ;) ) so.. I'll report what I get in that area soon..

Thanks for all of your help,

Danny

                           = Daniel Blair =