httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel R. Blair" <joeca...@realcoders.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problems with SSL All of a Sudden
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 17:54:16 GMT
On Sun, 25 May 2003, Jeff Cohen wrote:

> I know these questions are not really in time, but nobody asked that and
> they might lead you somewhere I guess.
> 1. Are you running this server behind a firewall? Which firewall??

Not local on the box...

> 2. Did you check with the ISP is they changed any network configuration in
> their networks?

We did make sure that port 443 was open (because when we moved to the new
facility, we had problems with a lot of stuff and they had to open up a
lot of ports for us upon request for each service we needed (22 for ssh,
443 for SSL, 25 for SMTP, etc..)  Now, my Boss called them and made sure
that 443 was open, but that's it.. I don't think he asked if they changed
anything, but, I'm sure he explained the problem we are having and I would
hope they would come back with something like "We replaced the router and
everything should have been restored properly, but, let us make sure" or
something if they had  done something non-standard...   I know this is an
assumtion, but, they are a fairly competent Co-Lo facility....

> 3. If you do have a firewall, who's responsible for it, maybe it was all
> started due to a reboot of the firewall, when some configuration weren't
> active.

The only thing I can think of that would constitue anything related to
your question would be that we do have the router that we're behind only
allowing certain ports through.. so.. it's possible that it was rebooted
and it's causing problems.. but, I don't think so.. not 100% though
because we don't run it/have access to it..

Thanks Jeff... all of your help is greatly appreciated.. as well as your
time in this matter...

Sincerely,

Danny

                           = Daniel Blair =