httpd-users mailing list archives

From Paul Simon <wreckmyb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problems with SSL All of a Sudden
Date Sun, 25 May 2003 18:20:37 GMT
> > I believe the list has exhausted all avenues for
> resolution, therefore
> > (if I were in your shoes) I suggest you contact a
> third party SSL
> > consultant who can troubleshoot and rebuild the
> SSL portion as
> > appropriate.
> >
> > I mean, if this is a business issue, then it would
> dictate that a
> > proper business resolution be followed at this
> late date.
>
> I agree, it's got to be fixed.. and I have no clue
> given what everyone has
> tried to do to help what in the hell to do to fix
> it...

I would have rebuilt this server by now. Or tried
moving a mirror into the production space.

That said, I would DEFINITELY jump through every hoop
to get a localhost SSL request served. Danny, I don't
think you have determined whether or not you can do
that. Have you? It seems you should be able to do that
since there is a socket listening on 443. If you can
do that, then the server is working properly.

Also, you say that this suddenly happened. In my
experience this has always (almost always :-) been
some kind of network issue, despite what your ISP
says, a changed router/switch config etc... The
apache/SSL server is a very stable piece of software.
For it suddenly to stop working wouldn't immediately
make me think that the software is at fault.

I hope you get it working soon and share your
solution!

-Paul