httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Berkowitz <bar...@rocketmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_auth_any set up question
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 20:32:53 GMT
I am trying to use mod_auth_any to authenticate a web site. But I
can't get it to behave. Does anyone have any experience with this
module? Thank you.

I compiled it into Apache 1.3.27. and I wrote a short test script,
test.sh that just contains:
 #!/bin/bash
 exit 1

When I run it, I am denied access with the following in the
error_log:
[Fri May 23 15:52:49 2003] [error] [client x.x.x.x] user test1:
Authentication failure from: /opt/pam/test.sh URI: /support/index.shtml

The site works fine for directories where I don't require
authentication.

I added the following to the httpd.conf for that directory:
<Directory "/usr/local/NetDB/docs/support">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews Includes
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        AuthName "IP Management"
        AuthType Basic
        AuthAnyUserProg "/opt/pam/test.sh"
        AuthAnyGroupFile /usr/local/apache-rsa/conf/htgroup
        require valid-user
        require group support
</Directory>

The htgroup file contains:
support: test1

for testing, I set the permissions for test.sh & htgroup to 777.

And one more question: Can I assume the module will pass the username
& password as though on a command line like "test.sh user passwd" If
not, how is it passed?

Thank you in advance.