httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel R. Blair" <joeca...@realcoders.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problems with SSL All of a Sudden
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 21:41:51 GMT
On Fri, 23 May 2003, WC -Sx- Jones wrote:

> On Friday, May 23, 2003, at 01:42  PM, Daniel R. Blair wrote:
>
> > 	Nothing was changed in the config file(s), and nothing abnormal is
> > in the log files AT ALL, no errors, no nothing.. just "recevied
> > SIGTERM,
> > shuttdown.. and Starting Up, resuming Operations normally" so.. at this
> > point I am pulling my hair out as to what could have happened and why
> > this
> > all of a sudden just stopped working.
>
> Is there a CORE file laying around?

There was a core file that I deleted, and I think it was from Apache, but
I don't remember, I think it was dated though and older.. I mean had a
date in the filename pre-ceeding .core, like 04-26 or something.. but
again, I'm not 100%.. I wish I had taken closer note now.. what would that
mean?  Anything special in this case other than the standard reason for a
.core file?

> Is this system plain Apache or is it running Tomcat, PHP, or some other
> server extension?

It is using mod_jk with tomcat..

> Anyhow, not sure, but there have been rumors of this security issue
> being adapted to hit Linux systems:
>
> http://www.securiteam.com/windowsntfocus/5KP0C1F96Y.html
>
> Not sure 100%...

Thanks for your help,